Having chubby cheeks is cute as a baby but not as an adult. Adults with chubby cheeks are naturally self-conscious about their puffy cheeks as it suggests a lazy lifestyle and can even create an illusion of increased weight elsewhere on their bodies. While the bone structure of your face is hereditary and can’t be changed, there are many things you can do to help reduce any extra flesh and fat stored on your cheek bones. You can accomplish this using the Face Fitness Formula which uses these 4 strategies to reduce cheek fat.
Get Rid Of Chubby Cheeks
4 Keys to Get Rid of Chubby Cheeks
- Reduce Water Retention
- Reduce Calorie Diet
- Increase Overall Exercise
- Facial Exercises
Reduce Water Retention
People with chubby cheeks may be retaining water. This extra water must go somewhere in the body and it could be landing on your face.
Tips To Reduce Water Retention
- Continue to drink water. It may sound odd but if you follow the rest of these tips, drinking at least 60 ounces of water per day will help keep your body’s fluid levels in balance with rapid turnover.
- Limit salt and sodium. A high sodium diet can cause your body to retain water. Check the packages of all processed foods closely, most processed foods will have very high levels of sodium for extra flavor and improved shelf life.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol. These drinks are strong diuretics which will cause your body to defend it’s water supply by retaining every drop it can causing bloating and water retention.
- Eat a diet that includes foods that act as a natural and gentle diuretic. Examples include celery, carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, beets, and apples.
- Supplement your diet with additional vitamins known to support reduced fluid retention. B-Vitamins: B1, B5, and B6 will also help natural flush excess water from your body in addition to the minerals: calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
Reduced Calorie Diet
If your BMI is over 25, you will likely be able to reduce the appearance of your chubby cheeks by reducing your overall weight. The best way to accomplish this is with a combination of calorie reduction and physical exercise. If your weight has been relatively stable in the recent month despite calorie reduction, you may suffer from leptin resistance which is a common hormonal condition with women. Learn how to increase leptin by using the Original Leptin Diet book or the new online Venus Factor Diet.
Calorie Reducing Tips
- Keep a food journal to track daily calories
- Eat almonds and dried fruit as a midday snack alternative
- Leave the last 2 bites of your dinner every night. It adds up!
- Go no whip and opt for soy milk in your Starbucks
Most people who reach a BMI in the low 20’s do not have chubby cheeks. Once you have reached a low BMI, the other 3 tips will help specifically target any remaining cheek fat.
Increase Overall Exercise
Similar to reducing your daily caloric intake, exercise for people with BMI’s over 25 will help reduce overall body fat which will include the face. The best fat burning exercises elevate your activity and pulse rate to a modestly elevated level (110 to 130 heart beats per minute) for a sustained period of time. It’s best to start slow and consult a healthcare professional before starting an exercise routine. If you currently do not get much exercise, even brisk walking for 30 minutes a day, 4 times a week can have a significant impact over the course of a few weeks. The key is to assess your current activity level and look for ways to burn an extra few hundred calories each day.
If after trying the first 3 more general fixes for how to get rid of chubby cheeks, you still have not seen the results you wanted, try these super targeted facial exercises. These exercises are a bit odd but they can be done at night or in the morning in the privacy of your own home. The exercises target key facial muscles to help tone and tighten your cheeks.
Chubby Cheek Exercises:
- “XO” exercise: Clearly pronounce the letter X followed by the letter O. Repeat 15 times, rest, and repeat 2 additional sets. The face is challenged to move in very distinct and difficult ways that will target the facial muscles.
- Fish Lips: Pull your cheeks into towards your tongue, hold for 2 seconds and release. Repeat 10 times, relax, and repeat 2 additional sets. This exercise directly targets your cheeks by helping to tone and train your cheeks to pull inwards.
- Endurance Smiling: Making a big smile and holding it can be quite the physical challenge. What starts as a very simple action will quickly become very challenging after 20-30 seconds. Attempt to hold a BIG smile for a full 60 seconds, rest, and repeat 2 or 3 more times.
- Mouth of Air: Fill your mouth full of air and rotate it around the inside of your mouth every 10 seconds. Move it from cheek to cheek and to the area directly above and directly below your mouth. Continue to breathe normally through your nose so you can continue this exercise for at least 60 seconds. This provides a great overall facial workout as your muscles pushes and forces the air into the small pockets of your mouth. Finally, a great secret exercise you can do any time is chew gum. To maximize the effect, use several sticks of gum at once as this will give your jaw a tougher workout.